Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
parthp360
Paper Tape
Views: 274
Message 1 of 2

Problem with T400s Touchpad!

Hey all,

I have a Thinkpad T400s. I never knew why this happened but a while ago my touchpad started acting up and it would randomly click and move around the screen, constantly clicking and moving the pointer around the screen.

I solved the problem then (about a month ago) by disabling the touchpad and using a USB mouse. Now I installed a new harddrive in my laptop and the touchpad seems to work, but the left click doesnt work on the touchpad.

I can move the mouse around the screen, and it responds when I right click - but not left click. Can anyone help me, it would be greatly appreciated as connecting a USB mouse everytime I need to use it has become tiresome.

Thank you!

P.S. I don't even know how to disable/enable the touchpad (a friend did it) so instructions would be great!

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 272
Message 2 of 2

Re: Problem with T400s Touchpad!

This mean you got a faulty left click button on the touchpad, and would require replacement of the palmrest (which contains your touchpad).

To disable the touchpad you can do either of the two things.

1. Press Fn + F8 (if you have installed the ultranav softwares), and there is option to disable trackpad and use trackpoint only.

2. Go into your BIOS menu (press F1 at the laptop startup), then:
-go into 'config'
-go into 'keyboard/mouse'
-There option to disable either the trackpoint/touchpad.
-Select the option you want.
-Press F10 to save and exit.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors