cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fluder
Paper Tape
Views: 1,555
Message 1 of 7

Problem with t410 wireless adapter - automatic connection fails coming out of hibernate/power off

Hi everyone,

I bought the t410 for about 5 months ago and I've been having problems with the Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 adapter (I'm running Windows 7, 64-bit). I uninstalled access connections about two weeks into owning the laptop because it was not working with my school's wireless network. A few weeks later, I realised that when I turned on the laptop or brought the laptop out of hibernation, it would attempt to connect to a wireless network (whether it had been my school or home network) and would fail to connect without notification. When I attempted to reconnect, it would fail again, bring up the notification to see if I wanted to troubleshoot it, I would run the troubleshooting, and it would fix it 99% of the time, saying that there was a problem with my adapter or the access point and that the adapter had to be reset.

I've been dealing with this for a few months now but it's really starting to bother me, considering the fact that this laptop is fairly new. From my understanding, my adapter's driver is up to date.

Any suggestion? Has anyone else encountered this problem? If you need anymore details, please let me know.

Fluder

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,549
Message 2 of 7

Re: Problem with t410 wireless adapter - automatic connection fails coming out of hibernate/power of

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Try this, launch ThinkVantage Power Manager -> Switch to Advanced mode -> Click Advanced Settings -> Scroll down and set "Maximum Performance" in "Wireless adapter settings" -> Press OK then exit. See this:- http://img824.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=lenovo1.png 

Further, go to the device manager, select your wifi card -> go to Properties -> and put "Transmit Power" to maximum, and "Roaming Aggressiveness" to "Highest". See this:- http://i52.tinypic.com/w02v0l.jpg

Let us know if this helps.

------------------------------------------------------------

Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]

IdeaPad: U350

Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a
Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
de.gif  Lenovo Deutsche Community   es.gif  Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel

fluder
Paper Tape
Views: 1,530
Message 3 of 7

Re: Problem with t410 wireless adapter - automatic connection fails coming out of hibernate/power of

thanks for the response!

My adapter's power level was already maxed out. I didn't have either "Transmit power" or "Roaming aggressiveness" as options, but I did have "TX power" and "Roaming sensitivity, and so I maxed both those out. Put my computer into hibernate, brought it out: didn't work. Still had to trouble shoot. Any other suggestions?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,516
Message 4 of 7

Try this:-

1. Click the "Start" button and choose "Control Panel" from the Start menu.

2. Click "Device Manager" on the "Control Panel."

3. Click the arrow icon next to "Network Adapters" to extend the category.

4. Right-click on your wireless card and choose "Properties" from the menu.

5. Navigate to the "Power Management" tab.

6. Remove the check in the box next to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."

7. Click the "OK" button to confirm the new settings. 

Let us know how it goes.

Kudos!
Visit my YouTube Channel

fluder
Paper Tape
Views: 1,511
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for the reply! It is already unchecked. I had changed it a few months ago because of a similar problem.

fluder
Paper Tape
Views: 1,465
Message 6 of 7

Any other ideas? This is still a problem. Thanks!

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,463
Message 7 of 7

Try the driver from Intel, once installed go back and change power settings for the card in the device (uncheck allow this device to sleep to save power) and Power (set to maximum performance) Manager, thereafter reboot the machine. Also, verify BIOS and drivers are current from lenovo by running ThinkVantage System Update. If BIOS needs to be updated, then burn the iso on a bootable CD and update through it.

Kudos!
Visit my YouTube Channel

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals