Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bob_mcc_ct
Blue Screen Again
Views: 682
Message 1 of 5

Qualified ThinkPad repair shop on Upper West Side of Manhattan -- or Midtown.

My son has a three year old ThinkPad that has been giving him problems for a couple months.  The tech helpers at Columbia University recommended he take it to Best Buy for repairs.  He had been getting a Fan error report when he started the laptop but they said it was really a bad disk drive which they replaced.  He still gets the Fan error message and has no idea where to go to get the laptop fixed.  I wonder who Lenovo uses for warantee repairs in this area?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 674
Message 2 of 5

Re: Qualified ThinkPad repair shop on Upper West Side of Manhattan -- or Midtown.

If it is under warranty, you can always use the depot. I find that it is just as fast as taking it to a repair shop. Call 1-800-426-7378

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
bob_mcc_ct
Blue Screen Again
Views: 672
Message 3 of 5

Re: Qualified ThinkPad repair shop on Upper West Side of Manhattan -- or Midtown.

I should have stipulated--warranty has expired.

Guru
Views: 653
Message 4 of 5

Lenovo uses their own contractors. I don't believe that there's an aunthorised repair center in NYC.

Don't take the laptop to Best Buy, though...they're usually clueless about ThinkPads.

The closest shop that I'm aware of is in Long Island. PM me for info if that works for you.

Good luck.

Cheers,

George

In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410

Collecting dust: T60

Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.
MisterBill99
What's DOS?
Views: 345
Message 5 of 5

Re: Qualified ThinkPad repair shop in Midtown Manhattan

I'm also looking for a repair shop for my son's machine (T500, I believe, 2+ years out of extended warranty). He's on East 32nd Street and I found New York Computer Repair and LaptopMD near him around 34th Street. His machine has a broken hinge and it won't close, so shipping to Lenovo would be difficult, even if we were willing to pay them to fix it. I figure with these places walking distance from him, he can put the machine in a box and carry it in the open state.

Does anyone have experience with either of these places or someplace better? They both seem to get good reviews on Yelp.

OP -- what did your son end up doing?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors