Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Didihai
Paper Tape
Views: 2,748
Message 1 of 3

RUNDLL, error loading c:\documents the specified module could not be found

Hi! I am new here and really need your help. We have a few Lenovo T400 notebooks. If I want to install Windows XP Prof with SP3 I always get this error dialog during GUI mode setup 9 Min. before finishing.

RUNDLL, error loading c:\documents the specified module could not be found 

We install this version of Windows on other notebooks without error. The logs show nothing special.

Nothing really happens but it's looks bad for our customers. I think I am not alone because there are more

entries in different forums with same problem without solution.

Every help is appreciated. Thanks!

halx07
What's DOS?
Views: 2,693
Message 2 of 3

Re: RUNDLL, error loading c:\documents the specified module could not be found

i've been having this pop-up on my RIS installation and was able to solve it. (Lenovo T500)

Driver related was the fact that SP3 does not include Q888111 for the 'Microsoft UAA Function Driver for High Definition Audio'. so i removed from OemPnpDriversPath =  \Ris\Drivers\Audio\Xp32 and the pop-up is gone.

I run \Ris\Drivers\Audio\Xp32\setup.exe -S from a mid-installation script and all is good.

Regards to all.

Didihai
Paper Tape
Views: 2,651
Message 3 of 3

Re: RUNDLL, error loading c:\documents the specified module could not be found

Thanks for your reply! But the list of hotfixes on Microsoft Knowledge Base includes this hotfix?

List of fixes that are included in Windows XP Service Pack 3

888111  (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888111/ ) Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) High Definition Audio class driver version 1.0a available for Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, and Windows 2000 Hotfix

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946480/en-us

Sorry, we use Windows XP SP3 with this hotfix included. All of our other hardware which needs this hotfix too works fine with SP3.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors