Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coleridge
Fanfold Paper
Views: 979
Message 1 of 4

Received T410s w/ bad LCD

So, after orginally ordering a T410s on Feb. 11, and having my ship date pushed back 5 different times, eventhough I was promised each on those times that it would ship by that date, I received my t410s yesterday ( so around six weeks).

But, my display/lcd is bad. On startup (before windows loads) there is a vertical banding. It disappear after Windows loads, but when you run the display at 60hz it comes back. Call tech support, and they said it has to go to the depot for a new lcd.

Why, was this shipped to me in the first place, don't they check the systems after they are built?

It is ridiculous. Do you think this is a standard occurence?, and does anyone know if there is any policy that can compensate for this, replacement laptop while mine is being repaired, or some kind of discount?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. This is my first experience with Lenovo, and it is shaping up to be quite negative.

zerofire0
Blue Screen Again
Views: 953
Message 2 of 4

Re: Received T410s w/ bad LCD

Things happen and there are instances where some units end up damaged in transit or have a loose connection. While you always get 1 year of standard warranty you will be required to ship it in for a replacement or repair. If you paid for Depot maintenance then you can find a certified warranty repair location here and then deliver it yourself for repair that same day.

coleridge
Fanfold Paper
Views: 946
Message 3 of 4

zerofire0, can you post the link to the depot list, again, first one was bad.  Thanks

zerofire0
Blue Screen Again
Views: 878
Message 4 of 4

Its bplocator.lenovo.com

The depots can be right next door or not even in your state. In general you do want to check the warrenty repair checkbox though.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors