Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
popo666
Punch Card
Views: 590
Message 1 of 2

Recovery partition not created by Recovery Discs

I couldn't find similar thread so I'm postin this as new.

I bought T400 with Vista BU 32bit. I didn't know that It's strongly sugested to create my own recovery discs. T400 was shipped with XP recovery discs. Problem is, that I wanted to try XP, put DVDs in the notebook and after few reboots I discevered, that I have only C partition (system) and hidden partition, that I'm not able to even assign a drive letter. No recovery partition, no preload partition. I'm now on Win 7 RC 64 and soon I want to recreate recovery partition, but without my own recovery discs I dont know how.

There is one solution, but I dont know if it's possible option. My friend has T500 and I told him to create recovery DVD before he did any change to partitions. From hareware side, our notebooks are almost simillar (just differend discrete VGA and CardReader).

1. So do you think, that I can use his recovery DVDs to restore mine T400 to factory state and than create my own recovery DVDs?

2. Why XP DVDs shipped with NB created just hidden partition (which I can't acces and I dont know how to install OS from it without working R&R partition)?

3. Last question, but not important one: System came with 32bit BU system, do I have an option to reinstall it somehow to 64bit BU on the same licence number (I mean legally) because System has 4gigs of RAM.

Thanks

popo666
Punch Card
Views: 550
Message 2 of 2

Re: Recovery partition not created by Recovery Discs

UP please respond, because I want soon reinstall Win 7 RC and I need to know what options i have. Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors