Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cwarner
Punch Card
Views: 4,465
Message 1 of 6

Recovery partition on T410 not working

Couldn't think of a good way to phrase that subject line. Anyways, I was trying to create 'restore' disks from the recovery partition. Seemed easy enough--I clicked it and it prompted me asking if I wanted to go ahead.. I said yes, and it started copying files.

Problem is it froze while getting the files ready to burn, so now I have TWO extra partitions on my drive: Q, the original recovery partition and "SYSTEM_DRV (SSmiley Happy" which has four file folders on it. If I click on the original "LENOVO_RECOVERY" partiition, nothing happens and it appear to be empty...

Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

nshmakov
Paper Tape
Views: 4,446
Message 2 of 6

Re: Recovery partition on T410 not working

You need Acronis Partition Expert or similar software to delete extra partitions. I think the right way should've been to copy the entire partition to the disc / external hard drive

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 4,436
Message 3 of 6

Hi cwarner!

You can delete those partitions but make sure you know what you're getting into, because they have a purpose:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-70829

If you want to "fix" your immediate problem i.e. recovery disk creation failed, use your warranty and call Lenovo support, tell them exactly what happened, and they will most likely send you a set of recovery disks.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
cwarner
Punch Card
Views: 4,419
Message 4 of 6

I'm not so much worried about getting rid of the partitions as I am about actually getting the recovery disks made first. My only option is to call Lenovo and have them send me hard copies?

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 4,413
Message 5 of 6

Yup if you can't create them yourself, the only way is to call Lenovo. It shouldn't be too painful.

You could also take an image of the whole disk, using Acronis or a other backup method, but I still recommend having a factory recovery disk set as well.

BTW, great call starting out by making recovery disks! So many people don't think about that until it's too late!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
cwarner
Punch Card
Views: 4,407
Message 6 of 6

Alright, I'll call tech support. Thanks for the replies!

Top Kudoed Authors