Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FJCruiser79
Paper Tape
Views: 1,468
Message 1 of 2

Reformatting my T410s

I've recently purchased a T410s. I love the system; it has a great form factor, is quite snappy, light weight and is a solid, professional looking machine.

My one complaint is that there is to much excess software that came pre-installed on the system. The ThinkVantage tools including battery life and wireless management monitors are helpful, but there are a lot of other programs that seem unecessary. Further, I simply like to start with a clean Windows 7 installation. I like knowing what is and is not on my computer and keep the number of programs running in the background to a minimum.

I did not receive a set of Windows 7 re-installation dvd's with my system. I assume that is standard. I also assume some of you out there like to reformat and do a clean installation of your OS. Are there risks associated with this on a Lenovo (and all its customized ThinkVantage tools) or is it fairly straightforward? Where do you get your Windows 7 dvds?

Thanks for all the help!

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 1,409
Message 2 of 2

Re: Reformatting my T410s

under search type in 'system configuration', this should give you an option what softwares that you want to run in the background.

You don't really have to do a clean installation, just delete the softwares that you don't need, since there is no malwares or anything, this should be enough to get rid of any softwares that slow your computer down.

You can create a set of product recovery discs media from thinkvantage software set. This will contain a set of your OS and driver, which allows you to reset your laptop hdd to the factory condition, if you need to swap it out with a new hdd.

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors