Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
CScribner
Paper Tape
Views: 666
Message 1 of 5

Refurbished T430 question

I recently purchased a refurbished T430 from Overstock.com.  It came with just the OS Windows 7 Professional.  I was wondering if there was something else I need to download to get the Fn keys to work?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 662
Message 2 of 5

Re: Refurbished T430 question

Search for "Lenovo System Update" and run that.  It will find the drivers you need.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
CScribner
Paper Tape
Views: 606
Message 3 of 5

I did as you suggested but it didn't help.  I was reading the user manual I downloaded and came across reference to "ThinkVantage Technologies and some other software" being preloaded on new machines.  Since mine is refurbished, it would not have those.  It says for learning more about these applications go to http://www.lenovo.com/support.  I did this and was able to download the Lenovo Service Bridge and to do a scan of my system.  It came up with a long list of needed, recommended, and optional downloads.  Once I had intalled these, my keys all function as they should.

CScribner
Paper Tape
Views: 603
Message 4 of 5

I should say, everything appears to be working correctly except the black button next to the volume control.  Any tips on how to get that one to work?

SeniorGuru
Views: 601
Message 5 of 5

The T430 User Guide describes the black button as:

Black button

When the operating system is working normally, press the black button to launch the SimpleTap program on the Windows 7 operating system.

You also can use this button to interrupt the startup sequence of your computer to start the Rescue and Recovery® workspace. To access the Rescue and Recovery workspace, turn on your computer and press this button when the ThinkPad logo is displayed on the screen.

SimpleTap is(was) a Lenovo utility. According to Lenovo:

The following applications are not compatible with the Windows 10 operating system. It is recommended that you uninstall them before upgrading to Windows 10. You can upgrade to Windows 10 without uninstalling these applications, but you might encounter problems when running them on Windows 10. After upgrading to Windows 10, find either a latest version of an application or an alternative application that supports Windows 10 from the Lenovo Support Web site at http://www.lenovo.com/support. You might not see all of these applications listed on your computer.

• Lenovo Browser Guard
Lenovo Mobile Broadband Activation
Lenovo QuickControl
Lenovo QuickDisplay
• Lenovo SimpleTap
Lenovo Solutions for Small Business
Lenovo Support
Lenovo Transition
Lenovo User Guide Viewer
Lenovo Warranty Viewer
LenovoEMC Storage Connector
•  Message Center Plus