Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 3 (2,128 Views)

Replacing Touchpad

Hi

I have a T410 which its touchpad does not work properly (Its surface is worn out)

Could I change the Touchpad? (Does Lenovo or any other company sells touchpad separately?)

Guru
Message 2 of 3 (2,117 Views)

Betreff: Replacing Touchpad

[ Edited ]

The touchpad is a part of the palmrest. The palmrest must be replaced.

Otherwise you can search for a user, who has a damaged palmrest with a properly working touchpad. Then it might be possible to replace the touchpad itself.

I've done it several times at  T60/T61 without any problem:

• Remove the adhesive tape and unplug the cable.
  • Remove the screws, the mounting bracket (keep its position in mind!!!) and pull the touchpad.

If you attach the mounting bracket wrong, the touchpad can be moved in the direction to the display.

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
Coffee must be like women's eyes: deep black & shiny. ThinkPads have to be like men's feet: deep black & matte!
HDMI
Message 3 of 3 (2,108 Views)

Betreff: Replacing Touchpad

[ Edited ]

I have replaced the wrist rest on my 2.5 year old t500 a few times already due to cracking, but I had to send the old one back so your out of luck...  :\

Both had tracpads that were pretty worn out though so even if I could have kept the old parts, they probably would not have lasted you long.   My buttons also had dimples in them where my fingers pressed.   

I think the plasic Lenovo uses is pretty soft as non of my other consumer laptops have done this.....

Thinkpad T500 - Intel Core2 P8400 (2.26GHz), 4 gigs of ram, 160GB/7200rpm hard drive, ATI 3650 GPU, WSXGA+ panel
Top kudoed Authors