Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
orenao
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 425
Message 1 of 3

Replacing discrete for integrated and upgrading monitor's resolution to WXGA+

Hi,

So after a few months of suffering the horrible graphics on my T-410 with integrated graphics and WXGA, in addition to other issues such as left palmrest squeaking, blue screens, USB ports not working after hibernation, etc, I would like to send in my laptop for a fix. What would it entail to switch it for discrete graphics and WXGA+ ? In other words, is replacing what I have for this new configuration doable?

Thanks,

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 407
Message 2 of 3

Re: Replacing discrete for integrated and upgrading monitor's resolution to WXGA+

the depot can't upgrade the motherboard or LCD, you will have to purchase a new machine. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Retired Guru
Views: 372
Message 3 of 3

Re: Replacing discrete for integrated and upgrading monitor's resolution to WXGA+

This would require an entirely different motherboard, as well as a new LCD panel.  If you are doing the work yourself this isn't incredibly difficult however it is not going to be cost effective.  You're better off sending your system in for repair and then selling it and putting the money towards the system which you want.

Thinkpad T500-2081 CTO | T9400 2.53GHz | 8 GB RAM | ATI HD3650 + Intel GM45 | 15.4" LED WXGA+ | Windows 10 | ATI Catalyst 13.1 (non-switchable)
Thinkpad 390x | PII 333 | 256mb ram | NeoMagic 256AV | SVGA LCD | OS/2 v4.52

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors