Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

11-19-2012

United States

9 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 1 of 2

Rescue and Recovery to clone to Crucial Msata SSD drive Not Working Error

2012-11-20, 15:09 PM

I have a T520 andI did a complete backup through Rescue and Recovery I did the back up to DVD. I then checked all the DVDs They all have data and are almost full. The T520 came with a Toshiba 500 gig HD, I have added a Crucial Msata 128 GiG, The T520 is running windows 7, and I have loaded the programs I use, and almost no data. The DVDs from the complete back up are marked as follows:

• Final SP Backup
  • Startup Disk
  • 1c
  • 2c
  • 3c
  • 4c
  • Final Q
  • Final C

All DVDs are full I Take out the Toshiba 500Gig put in my Crucial Msata Drive Boot with the Startup Disk select complete restore select from CD/DVD The T520 Asks for all the disks Some are only used for a few mnutes then after I put in final C It says it is going to reboot select drive after reboot and then I get the error screen:

1. Insert Your windows installation Disc and restart your computer
2. Choose your language settings
3 Click Repair your computer

File: \windows\system32\winload.exe

The Selected Entry could not be loaded because the application os missing or corrupt.

When you receive a laptop from Lenovo they do not give you Windows 7 discs. So there is no way to do a srt. All I want to do is get the Msata drive to boot and run the os and all my loaded programs. This way it is faster and more efficient. Is there a simpler way. Please help I have only got about 40 hours into this mess. Thanks for any help from the experts.

Chipman

Options

661 Posts

09-10-2012

DC Metro area

907 Signins

14979 Page Views

• Views: 14979
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Rescue and Recovery to clone to Crucial Msata SSD drive Not Working Error

2012-11-20, 15:38 PM

I'm a bit confused about the process you are using and what you are trying to do.

If I understand you,

• you currently have a working 500gb hdd with the operating system, your programs and your data.
  • You want to move your operating system to the mSATA drive and have your computer boot from there.
  • you have made a set of recovery disks using the Lenovo program. This is intended to restore your system to its original state (no data or extra programs)

Here are a couple of options

• You can create a "backup and recovery" set of DVD's using the Windows built in programs (click the 'Start' button, then type 'backup' into the search box at the bottom) that will back up all of your system (OS, programs, data, setting etc.)
  • Use a stand alone program like Acronis to create a clone of your current disk

Thereafter

• Remove your current 500gb drive from your machine
  • Install the mSATA drive
  • Restore whatever image you want (the Lenovo recovery, the Windows restore or the Acronis [or whatever program you used] image)
  • Reinstall your 500gb hdd and rename that drive to a letter other than 'C'

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms