Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please noteour guidelines.How to register and login andCommunity FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

visit the blogCheck out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Serial Port
0 Kudos

Rescue and Recovery, unable to do a factory restore, no backup found

Hi I'm trying to do a factory restore on my T510.  I've done it before but for some reason it's saying it can't find the backup files.

Any idea on what I should do?  

Broadband 3G
0 Kudos

Re: Rescue and Recovery, unable to do a factory restore, no backup found

Use the restore disc set that you burned when you first got the machine. You did make that disc set right?

Serial Port
0 Kudos

Nope. lol  Like I said before I restored to factory settings before and I usually just went to rescue and recovery, clicked on don't save anything and factory restore.  I didn't have to insert any type of recovery discs set, do you know why now it's asking me for them?

I might add that I recently had my T510 sent in for MULTIPLE repairs that were a complete dud.  I have that infamous whine noise smh.  They ended up replacing my hard drive and mistakenly downgraded my OS to 32-bit.  They didn’t know I bought Pro-64 smh.  I told them and showed them that I did purchase 64 when I customized my laptop so they ended up sending me a recovery disc set with the OS and drivers.  I used those to do a factory restore, basically did a clean reinstall right?

Broadband 3G
0 Kudos

There1 wrote:

Nope. lol  Like I said before I restored to factory settings before and I usually just went to rescue and recovery, clicked on don't save anything and factory restore.  I didn't have to insert any type of recovery discs set, do you know why now it's asking me for them?

I might add that I recently had my T510 sent in for MULTIPLE repairs that were a complete dud.  I have that infamous whine noise smh.  They ended up replacing my hard drive and mistakenly downgraded my OS to 32-bit.  They didn’t know I bought Pro-64 smh.  I told them and showed them that I did purchase 64 when I customized my laptop so they ended up sending me a recovery disc set with the OS and drivers.  I used those to do a factory restore, basically did a clean reinstall right?

Yeah you should be good. Now would also be a good time to burn another recovery disc set since you can burn one after each restore, this way you will have a backup.

Serial Port
0 Kudos

Why?  In case my original back up disc set conks out?  Also do you have any idea why this shows up everytime I turn my laptop on, it shows up for not even half a second....

I already went into the BIOS and restored the default boot order...

Broadband 3G
0 Kudos

There1 wrote:

Why?  In case my original back up disc set conks out?  Also do you have any idea why this shows up everytime I turn my laptop on, it shows up for not even half a second....

I already went into the BIOS and restored the default boot order...

Yes, you want a backup set.

That screen at boot looks like something to do with recovery, has nothing to do with BIOS settings and I'm pretty sure I see that screen all the time.

Serial Port
0 Kudos

I know it should appear because it didn't appear before I did this clean reinstall...