Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhasselman001
Fanfold Paper
Views: 315
Message 1 of 4

Rescue and Recovery with MSATA drive

Looking for help and guidance.  Would like to use R&R 4.51 to image the system on a T530 with a 16gib msata and a 1TB hD.  R&R warns me that it is detecting 2 hard drives and that R&R will only image one of the drives.  Can't tell which one it is imaging.  Is R&R the right solution for a laptop with this configuration?  If so, how best to use it.  If  not, what is recommendation.

thanks,

Kaso
802.11n
Views: 292
Message 2 of 4

Re: Rescue and Recovery with MSATA drive

Physically remove the 1TB HDD.
Do the R&R on the mSATA SSD.
In BIOS, set mSATA SSD as boot drive.
Put the HDD back in the main bay. (Do complete format of HDD.)
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 273
Message 3 of 4

The 16GB mSATA is probably being used as a cache drive and not a boot drive or anything else.  I don't understand the advice from kaso about physically removing drives to take a backup.

Anyway, I don't recommend using Rescue and Recovery on Win7.  Instead I would use the built-in Windows Backup and Restore.  Type "Backup and Restore" into the start menu.  Then go through the wizard to set up a backup.  Be sure to include a complete system image (and create a system repair disc) in case you end up needing to replace your drives in the future.

Kaso
802.11n
Views: 262
Message 4 of 4

>>> I don't understand the advice from kaso about physically removing drives to take a backup.

The OP was talking about imaging. You were talking about taking a backup.

Any mSATA SSD can be used as a boot drive.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors