Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredhdx
SCSI Port
Views: 715
Message 11 of 14

Re: SSD or Hybrid upgrade to my T510

Just a side note. I got M4 about 2 weeks ago on 175 from Amazon marketplace, the lowest price I could find at that time. The drive arrived this weekend and the packaging , um ,kinda disappointing. A very simple box without any instruction, even no single flyer. very very factory fashion. But I am sure it's genuine and should work fine. I'll find out soon.

So if anyone else would want a ssd I recommend samgung and Intel, at least they have better packaging, which seems more responsible to me. And there is a discount on Amazon now, which lower both the crucial m4 and samsung 830 256 GB version to 159. 830 is already out of stock by now and crucial didn't . A clear customer reputation. Intel didn't participate.

Is it true that whenever you partition a ssd the drive will get erased completely?? I want to install windows first and then partition in the OS and install linux. Seems like I need to arrange ahead of time and partition before installing system.

fredhdx
SCSI Port
Views: 691
Message 12 of 14

Installed my ssd and ultrabay.

ssd is actually faster but for cruail m4 a firmware update is needed otherwise wake from sleep mode will not work.

Up to now 256 GB is enough for a win 7 + ubuntu 12.10, with more than 100 GB left on the windows partition.

Boot time in windows around 25 s and faster in linux.

The ultray III does not fit in my T510 perfectly, a gap remained on top. But it works fine. And it's the only option from lenovo.

Feel like the battery time is stretched.

CorkyG
802.11n
Views: 688
Message 13 of 14

UB3gap.jpgUB3big.jpg

There are two images above.  The first is the standard 9mm Ultrabay III adapter, and you are correct - there is a small gap when it is seated.

This is corrected by using the 12.7mm version which is shown in the second image. 

I have both adapters.  The 12.7mm version mounts the drive differently.  It is fastened by the 4 mounting screws directly into thre back.  It is therefore not a quick change item.

So, I keep "gappy" around for quickie operations such as cloning or cop'ying.

fredhdx
SCSI Port
Views: 671
Message 14 of 14

I see. Is the 12.7 mm version a newer one than the standard one?

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors