RU

47 Signins

354 Page Views

• Views: 354
  • Message 1 of 4

SYSTEM_DRV became non-system and One Key Recovery do not start

2015-09-13, 19:27 PM

ThinkPad T430 2344-56G

Somehow the hidden partition SYSTEM_DRV became non-system. This partition itself is present on disk and contain files. The Windows does not boot properly. When trying to boot the Windows Boot Manager throws an error 0xc000000e "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem: 1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer. 2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next." 3. Click "Repair your computer." If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance. File: \Windows\system32\winload.exe Status: 0xc000000e Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt. ENTER=Continue ESC=Exit"

When I'm pressing ESC the system reboots.

When I'm pressing ENTER the list of operating system to start is displayed with entries "Windows 7" and "Ramdisk options". When choosing Windows 7 the same message  as stated above is displayed.

If I press ThinkVantage button during boot then "Launching the recovery utility" is displayed promptly below the logo screen and then Windows Boot Manager throws an error 0xc000000f: "[The beginning of message is the same to message above] Status: 0xc000000f Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible. ENTER=Continue ESC=Exit" If now I press ENTER, the list of operating systems is displayed with only one entry - Windows 7. When I choose it the Windows is starting up - the meaase Starting Windows appears, then progress bar appears which is yellow (not white as usual !!!), and I can succesfully login to my Windows.

If I start Disk Management all partitions are Healthy. The C: partition with Windows is active and system. I can make the SYSTEM_DRV partition active but this does not help (and finalyy it again become non active). The MBR is ok (checked with using of Acronis Disk Director 12).

As I mentioned before all partitions are accessible and contains files.

Unfortunatelly I did not make Recovery Media prior to this and now I cannot start recovery.

I would like to repair the original boot process making the SYSTEM_DRV again active and system.

Thank in advance!

Solved! See the solution
Options

5 Posts

03-09-2015

RU

47 Signins

354 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

Re: SYSTEM_DRV became non-system and One Key Recovery do not start

2016-01-08, 23:46 PM

Trying to solve this I found a very useful thread https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkVantage-Technologies/Need-help-with-recovery-partition-create-recovery-media/td-p/434477.

It helped me to concentrate on fixing the S: (SYSTEM_DRV) partition.

I followed all the instruction given by phil5 (except deleting and re-creating partition C:\) but I still cannot start the repair and recovery environment with pressing F11 or "black button" during the boot up.

So it seemed to me now that the problem persist somewhere within BCD configuration.

I'd like to revert the boot configuration (not the content of whole hard disk) to factory state.

Could anyone help?

Thank you!

Options

12104 Posts

06-06-2011

RU

17590 Signins

166743 Page Views

• Views: 166743
  • Message 3 of 4

2016-01-09, 14:29 PM
Hi

For partitions attributes and MBR restoration on the Lenovo preloaded system (up to win7) reinstall Lenovo Rescue & Recovery application.

Regarding Recovery media, do you mean the media set for the system factory recovery?
It's possible to deploy images to the System_DRV and Windows partitions from the .wim-archives on the Lenovo_Recovery partition, one by one (phil5 mentions that).

If you mean the media with WinRE its ISO is stored within "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Rescue and Recovery\rrcd" folder. Using imagex, or Gimagex or 7-Zip get it in the Q:\factoryrecovery\Cdrivebackup.wim archive.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

5 Posts

03-09-2015

RU

47 Signins

354 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2018-07-19, 19:27 PM

Serge!

Your recommendations had helped me to solve the problem completely.

Thank you very much!

Unfortunatelly I've just discovered that I had not thank you then, but later is the better than never.

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Andrey

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save