Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sameermw
Blue Screen Again
Views: 274
Message 1 of 3

Secondery Disk Drive for Thinkpad T480

Hello, if anyone could help me regarding T480 Hard Disk Upgrade, would appreciate it, 

I'm having a T480 with standard 1TB Hard Disk Drive and Now I need to add SSD as secondary disk storage. I've spoken with my Lenovo representative and according to him, it is impossible to as SSD as secondary storage. I have gone through this community posts and read about related posts and realize that it is possible to add a secondary disk drive. But I have no idea about what kind of SSD (SSD Type, Brand, Size,..) support for T480 and warranty validity for the disk upgrade.

Kindly enlighten me further on this matter. 

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 249
Message 2 of 3

Re: Secondery Disk Drive for Thinkpad T480

My understanding of the T480 is that the 2.5" HDD can be replaced with a SATA SSD, or M2 2280 3x4 SSD using an adapter to fit into the current location of your SATA HDD.   

On some, if not all, models, you can also use the WWAN slot to add a M.2 2242 PCIe 3.0x2 NVMe SSD, while also retaining a HDD or SSD in the normal 2.5" position, and although it  seems to be a rare factory configuration, it can be found in the PSref as a as a model 20L60031PH (and perhaps others).

Cheers,

sameermw
Blue Screen Again
Views: 177
Message 3 of 3

Re: Secondery Disk Drive for Thinkpad T480

Ok. Thank you for the heads up. I'll discuss with the local partner to get this done.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors