Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Medicatedbird
Punch Card
Views: 179
Message 1 of 2

Sensitive Gobi 3000? or ???

Ok so to start off my Model is T420 ok so this is my second gobi i've Might've ruined due to how sensitive the hardware is - ok so the history goes that i've instsalled windows 8 (iso provided from MS's secretive (idk if it is a secretive onedrive or not)one drive) and upgraded to 8.1 and it instaslled perfect with all drivers onboard from Lenovo System Updater Uitlity and after a fight with bluetooth not shutting down i've decied to go back to OEM system and the first thing i noticed when going to check in device manager(habbit) is Gobi 3000 not installing drivers with a code 10 so the question i ask...

Is it possible that the transition from win 8 - 8.1 - back to OEM win 7 did something hardware wise to the gobi?

also sorry if i spelled something wrong - that's what happens when you take 5MGx2 melatonin

Medicatedbird
Punch Card
Views: 144
Message 2 of 2

Re: Sensitive Gobi 3000? or ???

Ok so I found out that my gobi /3g module might be a windows 8/8.1 one

since the windows 7 version of the driver doesn't install the driver on windows 7 but the windows 8/8.1 version of the driver installs just fine on both windows 7 pro x64 and windows 8/8.1 pro x64
and yes I've run the recovery dvd's a few times which is windows 7 pro and the gobi doesn't look to be installed when checking device manager Each of those times -

I think someone might be handing out modified gobi 3000's or in short 3g module's to fit in on a certain driver made for another system instead of it's original system (it's what I think am not sure)

so in short case closed.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors