Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
and_moe
Paper Tape
Views: 833
Message 1 of 2

Setting correct quantization range with Ultra Dock

I have recently received an Ultra Dock 135W to use with my T460p. I have two external 24" monitors connected. One to the HDMI port, and one to the DisplayPort next to the DVI plug (using a DisplayPort to HDMI cable).

I have color issues on both monitors. These issues are not present if I connect the monitors directly to the PC. They are also not present on the laptop's internal display.

The colors are washed out. The issue seems to be that the monitors are not in the correct quantization mode/dynamic range. I have verified that by looking at this picture: http://i.imgur.com/Bw61l68.jpg. On the internal screen, I can see 4 squares. On the external monitors, I only see two columns.

I have tried following the instructions from this article to correct the issue: https://www.howtogeek.com/285277/how-to-avoid-washed-out-colors-when-using-hdmi-on-your-pc/. However, neither Nvidia Control Panel nor the Intel Graphics Settings (I have the Optimus dual graphics card) show the Quantization Range setting.

I have installed the most recent graphics card drivers from Lenovo's website for both the Intel and Nvidia card. I have verified that my Ultra Dock has the latest firmware version (2.33.000).

How do I set the graphics to use full quantization range/full dynamic range?

Thank you in advance!

and_moe
Paper Tape
Views: 790
Message 2 of 2

Re: Setting correct quantization range with Ultra Dock

All right, in case anybody else is having similar issues, it turned out there was a simple fix. My monitors had a Setting for "HDMI Black Level" which for some strange reason was set to Low. By setting it to Normal through the on-screen monitor menus, the problem disappeared. I can still not select the Quantization range though the control panel, but it is no longer relevant.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors