Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeamBoy
What's DOS?
Views: 314
Message 1 of 4

Shut down and wake up problem

Frustrating problems with my T410i (2518) with Win7 64bit.

First I can't get it shut down propertly, when shuting down from  inside windows it starts to shut down but never finish.

It stays with processor fan active and some of the LED's, like WiFi and Batery also the fingerprint reader led is active in green. Only way to shut down is to press and hold the power button, or just take off the batery.

Secondly, and most probably some how related to above, if the PC goes in to Sleep/Hibernate there is no way I can wake it up. Just to shut down like abowe and start from begining.

And more stratnge is that it goes down even if the current power scheme is set to _never_ shut down anything.

I tried to follow old post in the forum regarding similar problems but still the same...

System drivers is ans long as I can updated to latest versions.

The only thing I havent been sucessful with is the patch KB981112 - refused by Windows with the message "Application refused on this PC".

Any one got a hint of how to proceed?

PS

Lenovo support has noting to say, except > "just make sure every thing is updated..."

punchinello
Token Ring
Views: 305
Message 2 of 4

Re: Shut down and wake up problem

@BeamBoy wrote:

The only thing I havent been sucessful with is the patch KB981112 - refused by Windows with the message "Application refused on this PC".

Did you download the right version of the patch? There is one for x86 and one for x64 os versions. This is the right one you should try: 408196_intl_x64_zip.exe

Lenovo X220 (Model: 4290-G51) | Intel Core i7 2460M | Intel HD 3000 | 2 x 8 GB CORSAIR DDR3-1333 RAM | 256GB SAMSUNG 840 Basic SSD | 9-Cell orig. Lenovo Battery 29++ (FRU: 42T4942, LGC) | BIOS V1.29 | Power Manager V6.65.1 | Power Management Driver V1.67.04.05 | Windows 7 Professional 64Bit (up-to-date)
BeamBoy
What's DOS?
Views: 296
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the tip, but still the same with this KB981112-file.

After you start and the installation programs seems to "download", it pops up a "Refused on this PC".

Also when reading the notes about KB981112 it seems to fix a problem to "enter" standby/hibernate, I want to "get out"...

Been trying diffrent "security settings" in the bios, nothing seems to help.

Also kind of strange that even if I'we disable (put to never) all "screen saver" and power settings it still turnes the screen black and freezes after some time.

Status the same as after a "windows shut down" - noting except a long press on power button will work.

gft
Fanfold Paper
Views: 264
Message 4 of 4

Have u got any usb/pcmcia hardware connected while trying to close it? I've got this kind of a problemm while got some in.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors