cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erik_h
HDMI
Views: 128
Message 1 of 3

So, what are other people seeing for shipping delays on custom t490s?

I was going to get my new T490 in early august--now it is pushed out, won't get until the 15th.

What sort of delays are other folks seeing for custom t490s?  If this is likely to go out further I will either cancel the order and live with what I've got, or find a (hopefully Lenovo) in-stock box...

Marc_Dumond
Paper Tape
Views: 103
Message 2 of 3

Re: So, what are other people seeing for shipping delays on custom t490s?

I had the same issue with an order I placed on a custom t490s in early July. Shipping and delivery dates just kept moving. I cancelled that order and replaced it with a custom X1 order. At the time of purchase the X1 order was scheduled to be delivered on August 8 (well before the expected delivery date for that T490s), it's since changed to the 9th, today it moved to the 12th. I'm guessing that "ships in 5 to 7 days" is to be taken with a big grain of salt for custom orders. I'm replacing an older thinkpad and yes, it's seen better days but it still works (I'm typing on it now) so it's not a big emergency or anything. Still, it's misleading and annoying and it sucks a some of joy out of the purchase experience. My consolation is the price I got is better than the retail prices I'm seeing out there, so I'm just going to ride it out. Good luck on yours.

erik_h
HDMI
Views: 90
Message 3 of 3

Re: So, what are other people seeing for shipping delays on custom t490s?

Ha.  The funny thing is that I meant to pluralise "T490" and forgot that the plural was "T490s", a different model.

I'm similar to you: I have one of the original T510s which is still going strong but there are some things I am delaying until I get my new box.  And of course I have ordered another SSD and RAM and now I am just waiting around. 

It's a bit like a Vegas game, where you feel like your winning numbers are.... just... almost....  there....  and when you're done you realise you lost a lot of money.  Heh.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors