Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sploegman
What's DOS?
Views: 920
Message 1 of 4

Sony SBH80 headset does not connect automatically

I am using a Sony SBH80 bluetooth headset with T450s. Once I switch OFF and ON the headset it does not automatically connect to my laptop. I need to pair it again in other to make connection. I already contacted Sony and they told me it is likely an issue with the laptop, which makes sense as it works fine with my wife's HP laptop.

Also, once connected the quality of the conneciton is poor. My suspicion is that it has something to do with missing or incorrect A2DP and HFP drivers.

Any thoughts?

wesleyyin
802.11n
Views: 879
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sony SBH80 headset does not connect automatically

I don't have the same headset, but I encountered the connection issue before. Some of my bluetooth headsets are capable of connecting to two devices. When my laptop is not their primary device, they do not initiate the connection (I don't know the technical term for this), so the laptop has to do this. Assume that you've previous paired your laptop with your headset. This is what I do to reconnect them: right-click on the Speaker icon in the system tray area, select "Playback Devices", in the pop-up window right-click on your bluetooh device, and click on "Connect." They will reconnect in about a second.

sploegman
What's DOS?
Views: 864
Message 3 of 4

Thanks. This seems to work indeed. It is not really what I had hoped for, but at least I don't have to go through the pairing routine all the time. I did notice that if my headset goes out of range it disconnects from my laptop and than the "Connect" command does not work. I need to restart my headset and than I can connect again. I am not sure if this is a laptop issue or if the Bluetooth Multipoint on the headset is just cumbersome.

wesleyyin
802.11n
Views: 861
Message 4 of 4

I would say, it is mostly a Microsoft issue.  They left out the features of manual connection and periodic reconnection.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors