Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AMichael12
What's DOS?
Views: 130
Message 1 of 3

Stereo line-in recording on T460s Thinkpad

I wish to record a low level stereo signal from the aux output of a stereo tuner using my Thinkpad.  The T460s has no input plug for a mic or other audio device.  Is there an alternative?  Is there any HDMI or USB adapter that will accomplish this task?  Thanks.  

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 125
Message 2 of 3

Re: Stereo line-in recording on T460s Thinkpad

Welcome to the Community

Google "external sound card" and "Line In" with quotes around them and you'll get a zillion hits for USB devices. Some are better than others. There are cheapo dongles that do a passable job all the way up to professional ones with XLR inputs. (The ThinkPad's HDMI connecction is outgoing only)

Since you said "tuner," I imagine you're recording off of the radio. Unless you plan to use an HD radio, any of the less-expensive models should do a good job. Just make sure you get one with the jack pack you need that'll work with the OS and recording you're using.

Doc

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 93
Message 3 of 3

Re: Stereo line-in recording on T460s Thinkpad

@AMichael12 wrote:

The T460s has no input plug for a mic or other audio device.

For the record, and for other readers of this thread: the T460s does have a mic/audio input.  It's part of the combo (headset) jack.  Access for anything other than a headset requires a mic/headphone splitter cable.

Mono, so it doesn't help in this application, but it is there.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors