cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jet1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 259
Message 1 of 5

Synaptic UltraNav Driver fails to be updated via Lenovo Companion - System Update ThinkPad T450s

I have regualrly run a System Update for my computer via Lenovo Companion and I've managed to have all updates successfully completed - all except for one.

Lately, I have runs of Updates where I encounter an update for Synaptic UltraNav Driver, run it, but comes up as being unable to download and install - in spite of a successful initial download. Since its encounter a couple of weeks ago, I have been unsuccessful in fully downloading and installing this specific Driver for my computer.

Is there any indication of issues for this Drive? And what should I do to resolve it? Also, if the Driver can't be properly updated, what is its purpose for my system? Any form of help concerning this Driver update issue would be appreciated.

Lenovo Employee jerrycq
Lenovo Employee
Views: 223
Message 2 of 5

Re: Synaptic UltraNav Driver fails to be updated via Lenovo Companion - System Update ThinkPad T450s

Hi Customer,

What system model you are using? for example T470 etc. Also please share the machine type number, it's a 10 digit number under the bottom of the system,such as 20JNXXXXXX. Thanks.

Jet1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 221
Message 3 of 5

Re: Synaptic UltraNav Driver fails to be updated via Lenovo Companion - System Update ThinkPad T450s

My system model is the ThinkPad T450s with machine type number 20BX002HHH.

Lenovo Employee jerrycq
Lenovo Employee
Views: 178
Message 4 of 5

Hi Jet1,

Would you please try again?I could not reproduce you issue .Thanks.

Jet1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 160
Message 5 of 5

I have tried updating the Driver again within the past hour or so and I got the same result - System Update says it has failed in dowloading and installing Synaptic UltraNav Driver, even after trying again from a computer restart (to deal with the persistent case of the need for a restart to install a PS/2 Compatible Mouse set-up).

From this, what should I do?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors