Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjc123
802.11n
Views: 1,533
Message 1 of 2

System Update 5 fails to update or install

First it was the Intel Proset 8265 WLAN driver yesterday that had to be manually installed, and now the latest problem is with System Update 5:

I went to run the Lenovo System Update 5 program on my T470 today, and there was an update to the program itself, which ran but produced the error below, and then completely wiped the program from the laptop!

Update5 error.png

So I downloaded Lenovo System Update 5 manually from the support site, verified the checksum, ran it, and it produced the same error.  Then I tried installing it as Administrator, and once again the same error.  Retry does not work, and I am not going to corrupt my computer by hitting Ignore.  Now, I don't know if it is a catch-22, but there is a "Hotfix for Lenovo System Update" available, but it will not install, I imagine because the Lenovo System Update program itself must be installed first, which will not install, before applying the hotfix which will not install.

pjc123
802.11n
Views: 1,515
Message 2 of 2

Re: System Update 5 fails to update or install

SOLVED:  A second attempt at installing the hotfix with yet another reboot and it finally installed.  Installing System Update 5 afterwards then worked.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors