Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chandraitc
Fanfold Paper
Views: 270
Message 1 of 5

T 440s BIOS issue

Cam someone please help me with updating bios on my T440s laptop. Background: this laptop has windows 8 earlier which is no more there and linux has been installed .( just the linux) but linux installation was not happening so one of my collegue got it working by downloading some bios from some forum. Currently the problem is that it just doesn't do anything when we select cd rom or usb. Dual boot could have been an option but there was some need where we had to install just linux and test something. Now when we try to install windows or update the bios because lot of option are greyed out it does nothing and just sits there. from F12 it allows to choose usb & cd ( iso images) but does nothing. Please see the screenshots. If somehow we can revert to the original bios settings will be great. Thanks Ck
chandraitc
Fanfold Paper
Views: 266
Message 2 of 5

Re: T 440s BIOS issue

Few more screenshots
chandraitc
Fanfold Paper
Views: 264
Message 3 of 5

another screenshot
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 241
Message 4 of 5

Hello

Is the system capable to boot Linux? If yes, is there capabilities in Linux to access Lenovo BIOS WMI interface? Actually, Linux analogs of Windows Visual Basic shell or PowerShell are needed. In this case you might use scripts to manage BIOS settings, load default settings including.

Anyway, what's the BIOS reduction in the laptop presently? Is this BIOS patched?

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

chandraitc
Fanfold Paper
Views: 228
Message 5 of 5

Yes it boots fine to "Elementayr OS " linux distro . how can i determine if its patched . In one of the screenshot thati shared earlier you can see the BIOS version and yes it might be patched because at some stage i do see "peter van .." name entry while booting

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors