Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
George114
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,002
Message 1 of 3

T-480 dual boot on two SSD's - reinstall Windows

Hello,

My T-480 came with Windows installed on the 128 GB Toshiba drive. I would like to reconfigure the system with Windows on the 512 GB Samsung drive and a Linux distro on the 128 GB Toshiba drive.

What is the best way to achieve this goal without driver issues or Lenovo tools issues when reinstalling Windows please? I created a Windows Recovery disk and hoped I could trick it in doing a system reset on the Toshiba drive by manipulating the boot order in the BIOS but that made no difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

George

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 956
Message 2 of 3

Re: T-480 dual boot on two SSD's - reinstall Windows

Hello and welcome,

When using recovery media you'll probably have to pull the drive that you don't want the OS to go on.  Using MS media should give you the option to select the target drive - but I'd still pull the "other" one just to be sure the boot stuff goes where it should.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

George114
Fanfold Paper
Views: 936
Message 3 of 3

Re: T-480 dual boot on two SSD's - reinstall Windows

I’ll try it ASAP. I have ordered some tools and anti static equipment.

Thanks! 

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors