Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
randallc1
Token Ring
Views: 1,108
Message 1 of 5

T25 External Battery Woes

Two days ago my new (delivered late Nov 2017) T25 refused to turn on or charge (no amber/green light next to the AC adaptor socket) even without the external battery plugged in. Lenovo shipped out a new mainboard and it was fitted today by a technician as I have NBD on-site support. The laptop worked fine until I powered it off a short time afterwards and the same issue occurred again when I tried to turn it on again. I called up Lenovo support a second time and I was told about the reset button on the base (that disconnects the onboard battery temporarily).

After removing the external battery and pressing the reset button on the base with a pin for 10secs the laptop came back on. To rule out it being the internal battery I switched off the laptop with the external battery removed and it switched back on. When I plugged in the external battery it then refused to switch on as before and I had to remove the battery and reset again to get it to work. The laptop powers up too when the original T25 external 3 cell battery is fitted so the 6 cell battery is definitely causing the issue.

Lenovo have pushed me back and forth between Sales and Technical Support as the battery should have 1yr warranty. Is this the case. It's a 6 cell battery purchased separately from Lenovo (61++ - https://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/chargers-and-batteries/batteries/BATT-BO-Thin...) the part number on the battery is 01AV427. Does anyone know how I claim a warranty replacement on this battery as Lenovo don't know what to do it seems?

Thanks in advance.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,096
Message 2 of 5

Re: T25 External Battery Woes

If it were mine, the first thing I would do would be to make sure you have the latest BIOS.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Guru
Views: 1,081
Message 3 of 5

Batteries have a 1 year warranty see below.  When i have had problems with batteries bought with system I just call support.  If it was not purchased with system they may ask for a copy of the receipt to prove purchase date.  Did you buy battery from Lenovo?

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/warrantylookup/warrantypolicy?linkTrack=MastSmiley FrustratedubNavSmiley Frustratedupport:Warranty%20...

battery.JPG

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

randallc1
Token Ring
Views: 1,062
Message 4 of 5

Seems there may be an issue with the internal battery or power bridge too (is this is independent of the mainboard?) as when I switched the laptop on again this morning I had to reset it again with the reset switch on the base to get the laptop to power on.

I am running the latest BIOS - N1QET68W 1.43 and after running Lenovo Vantage there are no missing driver updates.

randallc1
Token Ring
Views: 485
Message 5 of 5

Machine was replaced with a new 20K7 as the battery issue wasn't fixed by replacing both the battery and the systemboard. You can close this thread.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors