12-21-2018

US

17 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 1 of 1

T25 and HDR/HDCP 2.2

2019-11-07, 15:29 PM

Interesting information on trying to connect external displays with a T25. Using the thunderbolt port directly to a thunderbolt input on the monitor I am able to connect an external monitor at 3840x2160@60. I'm not able to set a bit depth other then 8 bit RGB for standard use no matter what I set the refresh rate at even though the monitor should support it. I think this may be a limitation with the Intel 620 because oddly enough I can turn on HDR, the monitor automatically displays "HDR MODE" and it enters a 10 bit colorspace mode. 

Connecting via displayport will allow me to get 3840x2160@60 and HDMI at 3840x2160@30. No HDR here. But everyone and his sister has done this before so that's not news. I cannot turn on HDR using either of these connection methods but that should be expected based on bandwidth.

I can't for the life of me get HDCP 2.2 to work on an external monitor but I think that may be due to the fact that the thunderbolt port is really just two channels of displayport 1.2. I guess the DRM masters who came up with HDCP decided to allow exceptions for content displayed directly on a built in monitor vs external displays because HDCP works on the built-in display.

Long winded point of my message - when am I getting a T28/T29/T30 with this keyboard and newer chipsets/CPUs?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete