Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

T400 BIOS and virtualization

I know this topic has been opened before but I have not found any answer. I have the T400 and I can not enable the virtualization on it. I have sees some people hack the BIOS but for different models, is there any success with the T400 ?

Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: T400 BIOS and virtualization

There shouldn't be any hacking necessary.  I've been able to turn on virtualization on my T400 in every BIOS I have run on it.

It's there in BIOS->Config->CPU-> Intel Virtualization Technology and Intel VT--d feature.

I'm running BIOS version 7UET86WW(3.16).  What BIOS version are you running?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I have 7UET66WW (2.16) and the two settings options are disabled

I have just updated to 86, still the vt-d and virtualization are disabled and can not be selected.

Community Moderator

[ Edited ]

Have you done a full power off power on cycle since the BIOS update?  ISTR that just a reboot doesn't quite do the job.

[edit] The power cycle requirement may be for _after_ you enable VT, which you currently can't do.  Worth a try.

Also, what processor do you have?  I would be quite surprised, but there may be some processors that don't support virtualization (very unlikely) or maybe a BIOS bug that relates to certain processors.

Have you called support about this?

[more edit] Are you able to change _other_ BIOS settings, or are they also grayed out?  Perhaps you have a password option set that lets you view options but not set them?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Highlighted
Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

I found the problem, there is a supervisor password set.

What's DOS?
0 Kudos

Nice!!!! Thanks!
Paper Tape
0 Kudos

what is the solution. l can't change the disabled status of intel (R)  virtualization technology