Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottmccrary
Paper Tape
Views: 811
Message 1 of 3

T400 BIOS display settings

I was trying to setup dual monitors using my T400 in an advanced dock.  The VGA was displaying fine, but I was not getting any signal through the DVI.

Went it to check to see if there were any BIOS settings that may need changed.  Changed the setting from Auto switching (this TP has been running Linux Mint for over 3yrs) and made no other changes.

Saved and restarted and now I have no video anywhere.  Nothing displays on the Laptop LCD, VGA, DVI - whether docked, undocked - A/C Power, battery - Hard reset....nothing is working.  No Thinkpad splash, no Setup (BIOS) screens, no OS displayed.  The machine is powering on, but nothing is displayed.

If I can't figure it out from help on this forum, I am going to try removing the CMOS battery for a time. 

I am hoping I can get this machine back in service.  I have it loaded with 8GB RAM and an SSD drive --not to mention three years + of data and preferences....

My backup TP is a T61 with only 4GB RAM. 

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas before I tear into the lower case.

--I have been working with T series Thinkpads for 8 years and never had this problem come up.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 796
Message 2 of 3

Re: T400 BIOS display settings

I would first remove the main battery, unplug it and then press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.  If that doesn't work, the CMOS battery can be accessed by removing just the palmrest (four 14mm screws)

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
scottmccrary
Paper Tape
Views: 770
Message 3 of 3

Re: T400 BIOS display settings

Thanks Richk
The power button discharge of the caps didn't work either. I guess I am going to have to pull the palmrest and hope that disconnecting the CMOS battery will fix it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors