cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coover
Token Ring
Views: 7,538
Message 1 of 7

T400 Cannot find PCI Simple Communications Driver and PCI Serial Port Driver in Device Manager

I am restoring a T400 741722U, putting Windows 10 on it, and I cannot find one of the drivers. Going into Properties of the "PCI Simple Communications Device Manager", I find that the vendor is "8086" (Intel) and the device is "2A44". I find nothing on the Lenovo site. The laptop seems to be working properly (except for the speakers, which must be disconnected as the audio jack does work) and all other drivers have been installed and updated. 

Can anybody help here? Thanks.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 7,487
Message 2 of 7

Re: T400 Cannot find PCI Simple Communications Driver and PCI Serial Port Driver in Device Manager

Good day.

In my experience the Intel Active Management Technology and/or Management Engine packages supply drivers for these.

Checking here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-t40...
under the Chipset section, I don't see packages for Windows 10, though.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

coover
Token Ring
Views: 7,481
Message 3 of 7

Re: T400 Cannot find PCI Simple Communications Driver and PCI Serial Port Driver in Device Manager

Yes, I had previously tried the Windows 8 driver, but it does not work.

coover
Token Ring
Views: 7,447
Message 4 of 7

I just got an email asking if I had received the answer I needed.

No, i did not. I still have not found a driver for this PCI Simple Communications device (for Windows 10).

I'm still not sure what the device is for? 

Perhaps somebody else with a T400 has solved this problem. I'm sure many T400s have already been upgraded to Windows 10. 

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 7,442
Message 5 of 7

Good day.

The email was just an automated feature of the forums.

Again, the device is a component of Intel's Active Management Technology/Management Engine Interface.

You can see a description of AMT here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/intel-active-management-technolog...

If your machine is not part of a corporate environment, being remotely managed by an IT department, you can safely ignore the device, IMHO.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

coover
Token Ring
Views: 7,426
Message 6 of 7

Thanks, Sarbin, I shall ignore the problem as suggested. 

thinkmac
Punch Card
Views: 7,410
Message 7 of 7

In the same boat, but I don't see any user impact on this while using Windows 10. I am still waiting on the Fingerprint driver for Windows 10, which is more of an immediate PiTA

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors