Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sun_hill
Paper Tape
Views: 2,166
Message 1 of 3

T400 Graphics Card Driver Doesn't work

Hi, I recently purchased a T400 (Type 2764) with the ATI HD 3400 graphics card and Windows XP (I don't want to run Vista).  Whenever I start my computer, however, I get a message saying that the ATI card has no driver.  I understand that Lenovo decided to not pre-install the particular driver for XP and as a result I've tried downloading the driver from both Lenovo and ATI, but neither seems to work.  Any help would be appreciated.
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 2,160
Message 2 of 3

Re: T400 Graphics Card Driver Doesn't work

The 2764 version of the T400 has switchable graphics. If the original preload was Vista, then switchable graphics were enabled. XP doesn't support switchable graphics, so you must choose between the Intel or ATI card.

From Lenovo support doc,  MIGR-70665:

For switchable graphic machines, boot into bios via F1, select config -> display and set the following parameters:

• Default Primary Video Device [Internal]
  • Boot display device [Thinkpad LCD] *
  • Graphics Device [Discrete Graphics] **
  • OS detection for switchable [Disable]

* Change this setting to VGA or DVI if the machine will be used on a Advanced Dock
** Switchable Graphics is a Windows Vista feature only. Set the Serial ATA setting from AHCI to Compatability mode (this will prevent the BSOD 0x7B error on booting the XP media.

Terry

josepherg
Paper Tape
Views: 1,990
Message 3 of 3

Re: T400 Graphics Card Driver Doesn't work

Hi my name is Joseph. I bought a T400 type 6474 RAM 4GB windows vista which not included ATI radeon 3470 switchable graphic card so now I'm using the normal one which is the intel 4 series express chipset family. Anyway, is it possible for me to change the VGA card to the other one better such as the ATI Radeon 3470M instead of the intel one? Otherwise is it possible to have two graphic cards which means switchable graphic card between the intel or the ATI radeon. Any infos or help would be really appreciated. Cheers.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors