cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dinhvu
Paper Tape
Views: 310
Message 1 of 1

T400: Lost data due to clicking on "create product recovery media"/ "create recovery media" program

Hi,

I am using a T400, window 7, 32 bits.

Yesterday I accidentally clicked on  Start > All Programs > ThinkVantage> Create product recovery media or Create recovery media. I am not sure about which programs I clicked on but it appears an open up window asking me if I want to insert recovery disk, then I click no. It disappeared. It didn't tell me anything( like all the data will be lost and there is no progress box either; it happened very fast like in 5 seconds) and then I find that all my data in hard drive D is gone. I can not see hard drive D anymore in My computer. However I can find the partition titled "recovery partition" with 100% free storage in replace for my hard drive D in the storage management of  My computer and I cannot access it. I am so scared that I don't turn off the laptop 'till now. All the programs are working normal because I installed them on hard drive C but all the data on drive D is lost.

Anyone has the same problems? I wonder such a serious software but doesn't have any prior notice to customer that it will cause data loss like this?

Thanks.

Top Kudoed Authors