Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Highlighted
Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

T400 Not Connecting To LCD TV

I bought a T400 several years ago. I recently decided that I was interested in hooking it up to my LCD TV in order to watch movies and shows online. After some research I figured out that the best way for me to do this was to go through VGA because both my T400 and my LCD TV had the VGA hookup.

I bought the following cables from monoprice.com:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10201&cs_id=1020105&p_id=557&seq=1&form...

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021804&p_id=5612&seq=1&for...

I understood that with these cables I would be able to get both picture and sound on my LCD TV. However, my T400 is not being recognized by my LCD TV when I connect the cables. There is a PC Input on the back of the LCD TV which is what I am using but when I go to change the input on the LCD TV it is not recognizing that I even have my T400 connected. The model of my LCD TV is a Panasonic TC-L32X2.

I thought that my problem might have something to do with screen resolution so I consulted my user manuals. The LCD TV user manual states that the maximum resolution is 1,280 x 1,024 which I know is different from the resolution that I have set on my T400. I tried to mess with some of the resolution settings on my T400 but I was still unsuccessful in getting anything to work. I also tried playing around with adding devices, such as a projector, and was still unsuccessful.

Any help would be much appreciated because I would really like to get this to work. Thanks!