cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
whalefish
What's DOS?
Views: 643
Message 1 of 2

T400 Screen Broken/Blackout, or maybe the video card?

Just had a funny, actually very frustrating thing happen to my T400.  I was using the dedicated graphics, with the laptop unplugged, the battery was at about 15% charge.  I closed the screen, the system went to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity.  About 20 minutes later I open the laptop and wait for the screen to turn on.  The screen flickers, goes black, and stays black.  Usually after 5 or so seconds the desktop shows up like normal, but this time the screen was almost entirely blacked out.  It was as if the brightness setting was turned way lower than the minimum.  You can just barely make out whats on the screen, but only by turning the screen at an extreme angle and putting your face 2 inches from the surface.

I've tried restarting, switching to the integrated graphics, adjusting the brightness settings, and plugging in the AC, all to no avail.  I've looked on google for other similar problems but I've come across nothing like this.  Anyone know whats going on?  Am I going to have to send this in for service (/sob)?

Any help would be appreciated, I'll post in notebookreview's forums as well.  

whalefish
What's DOS?
Views: 636
Message 2 of 2

Re: T400 Screen Broken/Blackout, or maybe the video card?

Just tried plugging in an external monitor, and it worked.  So maybe that rules out video card issues?  Anyone seen this before?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors