Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
no188
What's DOS?
Views: 187
Message 1 of 4

T400 - Some basic questions

Hi there,

Recently i had bought a second hand T400 (Type ID : 7417CTO   ) with windows installed in it.  So far the system is fine, but I have few question eventually to ask and understand.

1) I realized that this model also din't comes with Bluetooth module.  If i intended to purchase from outside, is it compatible with the connector ?

2) My company requires to use a smart card reader (PCMCIA Card Bus), but once i inserted this reader into the system, windows only detected as "PCMCIA MTD 002".  I had searched around forum and one of the Microsoft guy suggested that this could be BIOS unable to allocate memory for the device.  Can u guys verified this ? The SmartCard reader is equipped with IC NCN6000 from ON semiconductor.

Thanks.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 176
Message 2 of 4

Re: T400 - Some basic questions

The bluetooth module for this model is 42T0969, but many or most of the models not configured with bluetooth don't have the connector on the LCD cable.  You need to pull off the LCD bezel to check.  Models with integrated smart card use a different express card slot 42X4992.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
no188
What's DOS?
Views: 97
Message 3 of 4

Hey thanks alot richk..
Yes, i dont see the connector for bluetooth after i took of the LCD bezel.
As for the smart card reader.. my model actually comes with PCMCIA slot, but i bought additional smart card reader to install.. Problem here is, it is unable to read and identified as "PCMCIA MTD 002" under device manager.
no188
What's DOS?
Views: 62
Message 4 of 4

Hi all,

Additional question.. does this model (7417CTO) comes with WWAN adapter ?

Although in the BIOS screen i see it available for me to enable or disable

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors