Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andre_lie
Paper Tape
Views: 1,104
Message 1 of 3

T400 Startup Slow

I start up my T400, then login to the Windows Vista Business 32 bit. Everything seems fine (manage to display the desktop sceen).

But everytime I open Internet Explorer, the notebook seems hung, the disk indicator is always green as if something working at the background (even though I don't have any application opened yet). I have to turned off my notebook using on/off button and start it again. Normally, i need to restart it several times until i can manage open the internet explorer without problem, if lucky, which could take an hour before being successful

Appreciate the help

Regards

Andre

TheDude
802.11n
Views: 1,061
Message 2 of 3

Re: T400 Startup Slow

No idea specifically.

From command line, run msconfig and turn off anything in startup that you don't need.

Might try downloading Firefox and using that. If that works, then it is an IE problem.

T61p, T400
formerly x23, x40
funkymonk
Paper Tape
Views: 955
Message 3 of 3

Re: T400 Startup Slow

This is the worst investment I've ever made. I have 3 and all of them are having slow start up issue. I know for sure it's not an IE issue, because I check the logs. I did system update from lenovo and windows update and it started to work slightly better. But this freezing issue hasn't been resolved yet.

I hope the product managers will read this post and do product recall. I don't expect such quality from Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors