Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Message 1 of 6 (2,014 Views)

T400 TrackPoint Issues

[ Edited ]

My couple week old T400 is having some TrackPoint issues. The cursor doesn't jump, I've checked all my settings, and the touchpad is off. What is does do is when I navigate upwards, sometimes the cursor will slowly move downwards on the screen without me touching it, for at least 2 full seconds. It moves slowly, not quickly, sort of like the Trackpoint not resetting to its neutral position.

Does anyone else have issues where the cursor using the trackpoint doesn't completely stop moving? Even sometimes when trying to navigate to click a point on the screen, the cursor will push itself downward, so I end up having to exert even more pressure to get it to move in the opposite direction I want to go.

Sorry if this isn't a good explanation of my issue, it's a bit hard to explain. Again, the touchpad is off and the click feature for the TrackPoint is also off.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions (hopefully solutions!)!

Message Edited by song510 on 06-16-2009 09:40 AM
Message 2 of 6 (1,984 Views)

Re: T400 TrackPoint Issues

song510 wrote:

Does anyone else have issues where the cursor using the trackpoint doesn't completely stop moving?

Yes, most everyone has this problem if they rest their finger on the Trackpoint when they're not using it.  The solution is to take your finger off the Trackpoint unless you're moving it.

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

Punch Card
Message 3 of 6 (1,945 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Jane, thank you for the reply, but yes, I am speaking about the cursor moving when my finger is completely off the trackpoint. It moves downward toward the right after using the trackpoint and removing my finger. It also happens when I am pushing the trackpoint upwards and towards the right, and as I lean my finger to put less pressure, say to hit the close button on a window, it will also move downwards and to the right, even if I am putting pressure upwards.

By the way to clarify, the movement only happens directly after using the trackpoint and removing my finger, for about 1 second. It does not happen randomly when not using the trackpoint.

Any advice?

Message Edited by song510 on 06-18-2009 10:56 AM
Message 4 of 6 (1,641 Views)

Same issue here. Trackpoint moves alone, it seems a hardware issue, is there any replacement or warranty?
Message 5 of 6 (1,628 Views)

it isnt a huge issue.  Any computer that I have owned that has a trackpoint mouse in the keyboard have all had a little "ghost" movement from time to time.  It is when you use it a lot and stop, it will move.  Wouldnt worry about it, its a quirk with having a trackpoint.

What's DOS?
Message 6 of 6 (1,300 Views)

I guess if you have unlimited hours in the day and you don't mind the fact that this issues slows down your work, it's completely not "a huge issue."  It's a frustrating problem that I think deserves to be addressed.

Top kudoed Authors