Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samurai123
Token Ring
Views: 294
Message 1 of 4

T400 - Ultrabay Battery won't work

Hi,

T400 running Win7. I've this battery pack 57Y4536 which won't work anymore. It wasn't in use for months so it may have drained out I guess.  The power manager says it can't detect the battery and marked as "error"

Is there any way to revive the battery?

Thanks

Wendel
802.11n
Views: 257
Message 2 of 4

Re: T400 - Ultrabay Battery won't work

Did this battery ever work in your computer? Even a dead LENOVO battery should be detected. If it's not a genuine LENOVO battery all bets are off. Try wiggling the battery (assuming it DID work at one time) and see if there's maybe a contact issue.
samurai123
Token Ring
Views: 253
Message 3 of 4

Yes it did work on T400 as I had used it a few times.. been a few months since then though. It's a genuine Lenovo battery.  As soon as I put it in place, the PowerManager does show it as "Second Battery with "Condition X Error". However on the top, it says this

Battery 2 : The battery is not detected. Try reinstalling or recharging the battery to solve the problem.

I'm going to check the internal connection port to rule out the contact issue.

Thanks   

samurai123
Token Ring
Views: 246
Message 4 of 4

So it doesn't look like a contact issue. After reading online, maybe the battery voltage fell below 3v and now the pack shut off itself. Guess there is no way to tickle it and bring it to use?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors