Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kstrid
Broadband 3G
Views: 2,535
Message 1 of 13

T400 Windows 7 SP1 clean install - Windows 7 Prof

My t400 has now been searching for updates in a week. Nothing happends.

Any clue?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,499
Message 2 of 13

Re: T400 Windows 7 SP1 clean install - Windows 7 Prof

Welcome to the club Smiley Sad

You can give this a try: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/w520-wont-update-on-win7-following-fresh...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,488
Message 3 of 13

Here's the same thing with links FWIW:

Install  .NET update NDP461-KB3102436-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU

In an elevated command window turn off the update service:  net stop wuauserv

rename the folder C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution to …OLD

With the update service still off, install this update to the update client:  KB3138612

turn the update service back on: net start wuauserv

Install the following KBs in order, rebooting after each install.  It may be necessary to turn off the update service while doing this to keep it from hanging on “checking…”.  The update service is typically on a delayed start so it may or may not be necessary to turn it off for each install.

KB3145739
KB3153199
KB3161664
KB3020369
KB3172605

That last KB is the July roll-up.  It may be superseded by later roll-ups, and there should be an indication of that on the KB’s page.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

kstrid
Broadband 3G
Views: 2,474
Message 4 of 13

Works perfectly. Do you know the reason for this problem?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,469
Message 5 of 13

Excellent Smiley Happy

I can't say with certainty what is wrong.  It is happening across a range of machines with varying update status.

Thanks to my neighbor for this fix.  He came by it the hard way.

Z.

lopezleonel3
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,268
Message 6 of 13

funciona!! gracias.

Luego de reinstalar mi T420 con los cds de restauracion se me presento este problema y gracias a esta guia ya la pc esta descargando las actualizaciones que requiere!

Saludos desde Maracaibo, Venezuela

HURGON
Paper Tape
Views: 2,081
Message 7 of 13

Merci beaucoup pour votre aide, je test cette procédure Smiley Happy

kstrid
Broadband 3G
Views: 2,033
Message 8 of 13

Is there a correponding solution for 32 bit?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,028
Message 9 of 13

@kstrid wrote:

Is there a correponding solution for 32 bit?

I haven't compiled one.  If you use those links and access the KB articles they refer to there are probably 32 bit versions.

Z.

Highlighted
kstrid
Broadband 3G
Views: 2,024
Message 10 of 13

Not as far I understand. k

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors