Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yangstein
What's DOS?
Views: 207
Message 1 of 3

T400 "back" button hyperactive/self clicking

Hi,

I've been having trouble in the last month with my 'back' button. Sometimes when browsing or even looking through my photos, the back button initiates itself and repeated clicks and sends me back many pages or photos. At times, I've even started up my computer and it refuses to start because it tells me that a button is 'stuck' so I need to press ESC to stop the button from being initiated in order to start my computer.

I originally thought it was something physically jammed in the keyboard that initiated a key without my knowledge but I've taken out all my keycaps and cleaned all my keys yet the problem still persists.

I don't even know which button keeps getting pressed for this to happen but I've focused on the pageback button and the F5-f8 series of buttons and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with them. It's not only incredibly annoying but when I ma online and filling out important forms, the self-initaiting back button is really bad for sensitive documents! The button also stops being activated when I press ESC so I am worried it is something in 'firm ware'?!

I would appreciate any help as I haven't seen a solution online for this issue before.

Thank you.

ese

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 200
Message 2 of 3

Re: T400 "back" button hyperactive/self clicking

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-69537

do a keyboard diagnostic test with the above software, if the problem doesn't come up in the above test, you have a software problem. if it doesn't then it is most likely a hardware problem.

If it is hardware try reinstalling the kb, and that fails try to get another keyboard.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Guru
Views: 187
Message 3 of 3

Re: T400 "back" button hyperactive/self clicking

To me, it sounds like a hardware issue. Does it help if you pick off the Browser Back keycap and work without it?

W520: 2960XM, Q2000M @ 1091/1380, 32GB RAM, 500GB&750GB HDD & 500GB SSD, FHD&MB168B+
X61T: L7500, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
W550s: 5600U, K620M at 1164/1281, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 3K touchscreen
X200s: SL9400, 6GB RAM, 64GB SD card, WXGA+ screen
TPT1: 1839-23U

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors