Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobinyelm47
Fanfold Paper
Views: 425
Message 1 of 6

T400 will NOT wake up after entering SLEEP

Unit functioned flawlessly until encountering a virus.

Wiped the HD and re-loaded Win 7, but now when unit enters SLEEP, it will NOT wake up by opening lid, using mouse/key, or by touching the power button. NOTHING wakes it up.

Tried all the settings in Power Options, and even selected "NEVER" for both SLEEP and HIBERNATE, but T400 STILL goes into sleep mode and won't come out. Moon stays illuminated.

The T400 used to (and my Think Pad R61e still does)  "Beep" and the lights flash and computer came alive after the lid was lifted, or with the lid left open (and sleep was entered) just moving the mouse would wake the unit up.

NOW, the ONLY way to get the T400 to work again is to hold the Power Button for 10sec, then initiate a complete re-boot.

Any help appreciated!

Bob

Wendel
802.11n
Views: 394
Message 2 of 6

Re: T400 will NOT wake up after entering SLEEP

Did you install Lenovo Power manager, Hot Keys and the associated software/drivers necessary for them to work properly?
bobinyelm47
Fanfold Paper
Views: 387
Message 3 of 6

"Did you install Lenovo Power manager, Hot Keys and the associated software/drivers necessary for them to work properly?"

Actually I didn't.

I thought (evidentally erroneously) Windows 7 had the necessary software to make the Sleep and Sleep-Awake programs work.

On my Lenovo R61e nootbook just last week, I just re-installed Win7 when I installed a larger HD and the Sleep function and power management systems work perfectly. 

Do I just Google " install Lenovo Power Manager," to get the necessary software and drivers to make the T400 work properly? 

(Sorry-as you can tell, I am not terribly computer literate, so a bit of hand-holding would be much appreciated.)

Thanks,

Bob

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 361
Message 4 of 6

Good day.

You have a couple options to get your drivers and support packages squared away:

- You can install ThinkVantage System Update: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-t40...

which works similarly to Windows Update, to see what it offers you. One thing that I, personally, don't allow it to do is to install BIOS updates. When deemed needed, I do those separately, using the bootable CD method.

- You can also visit the T400 support pages: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-t40...

to see all available drivers and packages. You can use the list filtering drop-downs to narrow the listing. In many cases this listing will have the newest items before TVSU offers them.

Hope this helps a bit.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

bobinyelm47
Fanfold Paper
Views: 353
Message 5 of 6

Thank-you. I will visit the site!

As an aside, I just bought a refurbished T-410 (to replace my R-61e and as far as I can tell, it only had W7 32 bit Home Premium on it, and everything functions normally.

Hopefully those sites will provide the key, especially if I can discern what sounds applicable.

I guess I'll try the ThinkVantige site first as it might be helpful to have those features incorporated, and it may solve the problem.

I'll let everyone know if it works!

Bob

bobinyelm47
Fanfold Paper
Views: 305
Message 6 of 6

Well, I downloaded the ThinkVantage software and all the updates I could find, and the computer will STILL not come out of sleep no matter WHAT I do.

Only holding the power button to shut down the computer, and restarting it will bring it back to life.

Again, it worked PERFECTLY until I had to wipe the HD and reload windows after getting a virus.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors