Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fedor-ch
What's DOS?
Views: 1,776
Message 1 of 5

T400s Microphone muting button and Windows 7

Hello,

I have a brand new Lenovo T400s. It had Windows Vista operating system but a few days ago I installed Windows 7 on it.

It was Vista Premium and for that reason I had to install Windows 7 from a scratch.

Therefore all drivers were lost. I used ThinkVantage (Doctor) software to download necessary drivers from Lenovo web site.

Everything works except for microphone muting button (amber light in it does not react as well).

I was thinking that it a driver problem as my keyboard driver is now Standard keyboard PS/2 driver (installed by 7 automatically). But I was not able neither to find any suitable driver on Lenovo website, nor to encounter any description of this problem solution in the Internet.

Does anyone knows what can be done in this situation?

Thank you.

akayau
Punch Card
Views: 1,732
Message 2 of 5

Re: T400s Microphone muting button and Windows 7

I have similar problem on my brand new T400s after installing Windows 7 on it.  I have tried re-installing drivers as suggested on other threads (similar problem) but to no avail. Anyone know how to get the mute button and Fn-F6 working?

cassio
Token Ring
Views: 1,717
Message 3 of 5

if you're 100% sure you installed all the drivers then i don't know why, but i can confirm that button has nothing to do with the keyboard driver. there is no "lenovo keyboard driver"

i didn't have a problem with this at all. just double check (use system update) if you've got all the drivers.

----------------------------
T400s - 2815RW1 + Win7 Ultimate Smiley Very Happy
Don't pm me for help! That's what the forum is for. Also, Google's nicer than me. Ask him.
fedor-ch
What's DOS?
Views: 1,676
Message 4 of 5

The problem is solved.

I used Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox for driver update several times and finally this Mic. mute button works.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my message.

akayau
Punch Card
Views: 1,587
Message 5 of 5

Strangely, it is fixed after I installed the newly access connection software. How could this be related to the microphone?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors