Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julekkedzierski
Fanfold Paper
Views: 175
Message 1 of 4

T400s touchscreen drivers missing,

Due to the Windows 10 |709 update, my touchscreen drivers literally disappeared in my T400s.  They are certainly not to be found in Device manager in the standard ways, and W Troubleshooter is totally outclassed,.I have spent 2 complete  days looking fin the ineternet for some sign of an OEM or some kind of subtitute driver possibility.

At the moment the trouchscreen works for 3 seconds on start-up   Can someone please help?

(BTW This is my 5th Thinkpad, and my 6th,  the one I am writing is a T440p - without touchscreen.

Hoping there is some way of  reaching the information, best regards,

Julek

Moderator comment: Model clarified in subject.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 167
Message 2 of 4

Re: T400s touchscreen drivers missing,

Good day and welcome to the community.

Did you just recently do the Win10 upgrade?

The reason for asking is that the T400s is not officially listed by Lenovo as compatible with any version of Win10 on any list I can find. That doesn't mean that it can't be made to run, after a fashion, but there are almost always hardware and driver issues that ensue.

Taking a look at the driver listing for the T400s at the EOL site: https://download.lenovo.com/eol/index.html there are no Win10 drivers for the N-trig touchscreen hardware. In this case, there may be no solution since Win10 doesn't seem to be supporting the aged hardware, natively.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Julekkedzierski
Fanfold Paper
Views: 120
Message 3 of 4

Dear Nate,

thanks very much for your reply , which really helps clear the situation.

The original OS was Win7, and it passed the Microsoft tests for the Win 10 upgrade, so I didn't stay with Win 7 very long.

If I re-install  Win 7 on the T400s I there is a realistic chance the touchscreen will work, right?

https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/downloads/ds001172 shows a driver - would it be suitable, if needed?

For me it matters to get the machine working properly, not the OS so much...

Looking forward,and thanks again,

Julekkedzierski.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 112
Message 4 of 4

@Julekkedzierski wrote:

Dear Nate,

thanks very much for your reply , which really helps clear the situation.

The original OS was Win7, and it passed the Microsoft tests for the Win 10 upgrade, so I didn't stay with Win 7 very long.

If I re-install  Win 7 on the T400s I there is a realistic chance the touchscreen will work, right?

https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/downloads/ds001172 shows a driver - would it be suitable, if needed?

For me it matters to get the machine working properly, not the OS so much...

Looking forward,and thanks again,

Julekkedzierski.

You're welcome.

I would think that it would be the proper driver to get the touchscreen working in Win7.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors