cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warcow5591
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,482
Message 1 of 4

T410 Bluetooth radio powered off after standby must be manually activated with Fn+F5

I've just received a new TP T410 2522-AT6 with XP SP3 and I've noticed that the bluetooth radio is not automatically powered back on when resuming from standby or after a system power off/power on (as wireless radio correctly does).

With my previous thinkpads (T42 and T60) the wireless and bluetooth radios where both brought back on if they were on before standby or power off (as it should be imho).

This behavior is pretty annoying because I use the bluetooth connection to automatically keep in sync my Lotus Notes calendar with my nokia phone with an automatic refresh every hour (Nokia PC suite feature), but in this situation, if I resume the T410  from a standby (or power off)  I must remember to manually power the BT radio back on or the connection is broken.

I've checked everywhere (power settings, Access connections settings, BIOS, BT configurations) but I didn't find a place to change this behavior.

As a workaround during reboots, I've put a batch program in my XP startup folder that uses  ACFNF5.EXE (access connection program) with the /bton option, and this seems to work... but I'm still stuck when going in standby!

Any ideas on how to fix this? Anyone knows a good reason for this changed behavior?

Thanks

pleon
802.11n
Views: 7,432
Message 2 of 4

Re: T410 Bluetooth radio powered off after standby must be manually activated with Fn+F5

This happend on laptops, on which you tried some linux OS like liveCD of Ubuntu, or something like this. The solution was to reset BIOS. Then this problem disappeared. Do not know, if this is your case, but anyway you can try to reset BIOS.
----------------------------------------------------
Lenovo T440s, 20AQ0067MC, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 UEFI, Samsung 840 EVO SSD 250 GB, 8 GB RAM
Lenovo T430s, 2356LQG, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 UEFI, Intel 520 SSD 180 GB, 8 GB RAM
Lenovo T420s, 4171-6SG, Windows 8 Pro x64 UEFI, Intel 320 SSD 120 GB, 8 GB RAM
Lenovo T400s, 2808-CYG, Windows 7 Ultimate x64
warcow5591
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,424
Message 3 of 4

Re: T410 Bluetooth radio powered off after standby must be manually activated with Fn+F5

Thanks, that's what I did (bios reset to default setting).

But, weird thing, the first reboot after bios reset didn't fix (went to standby with BT on and when it woke up BT was off again).

Did a desperate move and disabled the BT LAN object in the Network Configuration folder and, voilà, standby and reboot where finally leaving the BT radio on when restarting.

Weirder thing, I re-enabled the BT LAN and, unexpectedly,  the BT radio behavior was still good...

Anyway, I'm glad I finally made it, thanks again for your help!

rajakumarp
What's DOS?
Views: 4,794
Message 4 of 4

start run -> devmgmt.msc ->device manager -> bluetooth radios -> thinkpad bluetooth 2.1 -> powermanagment -> allow the computer to turn off power

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors