cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Views: 6,386

Question

I just configured a T410, but don't see anywhere that it tells me what the DVD drive can do.  My requirement is to read and write both CD's and DVD's.  Can anyone tell me what I need to order to do that, please?

Answer

In Windows 7 you can write to CD's and DVD's using the built-in features of Windows. Insert a blank CD/DVD and use the copy/paste features of windows before you choose to right click and select burn to disc.

For ISO files just doubleclick on the ISO file and follow the instructions. There are also some freeware applications (like CDBurnerXP, ImgBurn and others) you can use that is a bit more advanced (depends what you want to do). There are also a lot of others which is not freeware like Nero and Roxio. If you just need to burn some files there is no need to buy any software or use anything except what you can find in Windows (assuming you got Windows 7). Windows Vista contains some built-in burning features as well.

Here are the supported formats for the DVD burner for the T410

• DVD-RAM V1.0 (2.6 GB) (read) and V2.1 (4.7/9.4 GB) (read and write)
  • DVD-ROM V1.0 (4.7/8.5 GB) (read)
  • DVD-R V1.0 (3.9 GB) and V2.0 (for Authoring, 4.7 GB) (read and write)
  • DVD+R (read and write)
  • DVD+RW (read and write)
  • DVD+R Double Layer (read and write)
  • DVD-R Dual Layer (read and write)
  • DVD-R V2.0 (for General, 4.7 GB) (read and write)
  • DVD-RW V1.1 (4.7 GB) (read and write)
  • CD-RW (read and write)
  • CD-R (read and write)
  • CD-ROM mode-1 data
  • CD-ROM mode-2 data
  • CD-ROM XA
  • CD Audio
  • CD-I
  • Photo CD multisession
  • Video CD
  • CD-Extra
  • CD-TEXT

Was this information helpful?

Comments
Mazie

I don't understand. I'm a very basic beginner.  I need simple instructions on how to burn music from my computer onto a CD disk.

Scorpion2k5

Download something call CDBURNERXP PRO from the link that I have provided. It is the easiest way to burn a CD\DVD of whatever type you need... 

https://cdburnerxp.se/en/download <copy and paste if it is not a hyperlink>