Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DomenicT
Paper Tape
Views: 21,150
Message 1 of 9

T410 Docking Station issues?

Good Morning All,  Our company have recently upgraded to all T410 laptops out clients.  We are running into a huge problem with some users having problems when they go to redock there laptop there mouse and keyboard no longer respond but if they plug the mouse and keyboard directly it works fine.   They steps I have taken so far are updating the bios, changing out the docking stations 2x, change out the mouse and keyboard (brand new IBM mouse/keyboard).  No other USB device is connected to the docking station just the basic peripherals.  

Thanks, Domenic

pvaennman
What's DOS?
Views: 20,811
Message 2 of 9

Re: T410 Docking Station issues?

Hi Domenic,

Did you sort out your problems with the T410 docking station?

I had similar problems (USB, monitor etc), and it turned out to be imperative to use the provided power supply of the docking station (delivers 90W instead of the laptop power supply, which is only 65W).

This sorted out all the issues for me!

So, even if the laptop power supply has the same connector, the docking station seems to require its native power supply.

Hope this helps!

Brgds Peter, CSC, Denmark

DomenicT
Paper Tape
Views: 20,588
Message 3 of 9

Hi Brgds, I double checked the Power adapter hooked into the docking station and it was a 90w power adapter.  I usually double check it just to be sure.  It is just a odd issue and seem to be getting worse every day with calls coming in about it.  Thanks for getting back to me though

dssabo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 20,111
Message 4 of 9

I am also having issue with my T410 docking station.

It seems to be only the USB ports that stopped working.

They were working originally, and now I don't think I can get them to work at all. 

Connectivity to the two monitors I have plugged into the docking station do not seem to have any issues (DVI)

dani1966
What's DOS?
Views: 19,658
Message 5 of 9

We are having the exact same issues...sometimes usb ports won't work, have had video port work and then stop, etc...  It's very frustrating to deploy a brand new system and in front of the customer have this item not work right out of the box.  Have you heard any more about this from Lenovo?

TheDr1ver
Fanfold Paper
Views: 18,922
Message 6 of 9

I'm having the same issue. Has anyone gotten this resolved?
philliplowe
Paper Tape
Views: 17,036
Message 7 of 9

I know this thread is somewhat old but I am bumping it because my company is experiencing the same issues.

When we undock our laptops and dock them back in, the USB ports on the docking station do not work unless we reboot.

Has anyone figured out a solution to this problem or is this an ongoing issue?

srunni
Punch Card
Views: 17,028
Message 8 of 9

Same here, I'm having issues with the DVI, DisplayPort, and headphone connectors on my Mini Dock Series 3 that I use with my T410.

Kicker774
Token Ring
Views: 17,017
Message 9 of 9

This is a known issue now with Lenovo.

Check the end of this thread here:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/T410-docking-station-issue-VGA-external-mon...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors