Did you mean: 
jtronix
What's DOS?
Views: 2,470
Message 1 of 4

T410 Hard disk upgrade

Hello,

Model: 2522-DM1

I'm looking for new hard drive for upgrading my exisitng 320GB HDD but i have one question that

what will be the maximum hard drive capacity support in my system??

In lenovo site it has mention max 500GB HDD and 250GB SSD but when i go through forum and other online utility where it has mention that it can support upto 1TB HDD,SSHD and SSD.

see below link

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for//thinkpad-t410-series

someone please clarify this..

if 1TB is supported then i would intereset in seagate SSHD 1TB 32GB NAND (P/N:ST1000LX001) and also i have seen Toshiba SSHD which is also good but i need expert's suggstion on this.

jtronix
What's DOS?
Views: 2,441
Message 2 of 4

Re: T410 Hard disk upgrade

Someone please answer

SeniorGuru
Views: 2,436
Message 3 of 4

The T410 should be able to handle a 1TB SSD.

Lenovo's maximum specs reflect what was available at the time the product was manufactured. Even though higher capacity HDDs and SSDs are available today the official specs remain unchanged. (One reason is that in order for Lenovo to state 1TB is the maximum they'd have to test it in the T410, something they're not going to do for a product they no longer sell.)

Also consider that the SATA bus on the T410 is rated at only 3Gb/s speeds. Current SATA interfaces and SSDs can run at 6GB/s. While the interfaces are compatible, i.e. a SATA-III (6Gb/s) SSD will work in a SATA-II (3Gb/s) computer, you won't get the benefit of the higher speed. Nevertheless you'll see a substantial performance improvement by going from HDD to SSD.

Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,418
Message 4 of 4

If you are running windows 7, make sure you have service pack 1 installed before moving to a big drive.  It is likely to be advanced format.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors