Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonymills
Paper Tape
Views: 5,903
Message 1 of 15

T410 NIC Driver not recognized - Microsoft Deployment

I've found just about every version of the 82577LM NIC driver I could find, to use with our Microsoft Deployment 2010 share.  We're doing a Litetouch deployment and injected just about every T410 NIC driver I could find, plus the Intel chipset driver into our boot image.  Same issue every time.  It doesn't recognize the NIC card, according to error logs.

Windows XP seems to recognize the driver with no problem.  It's the WinPE that's embedded in the Lite Touch deployment which doesn't recognize.  We've not had a problem from the T60 on up to the T400s, everything worked out of the box. 

Anyone else having this problem?   

supera
Paper Tape
Views: 5,872
Message 2 of 15

Re: T410 NIC Driver not recognized - Microsoft Deployment

Hi,

I just solved this out by adding Dell's Winpe driver package to MDT Out-Of-Box drivers. It will probably solve your T410 as well since we have the same model in our company and it works nice!

Link:

Driver Package WinPE

BR

Aleksandro

dsuraci
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,824
Message 3 of 15

I am so glad I found this thread!  I am having the same issue with the T510 and X201!  My question is, I donlaoded the Dell WinPE package (thank you!), did you install all of them into MDT or particular ones?

supera
Paper Tape
Views: 5,804
Message 4 of 15

Hi,

I found many of these drivers valuable so I've added all of them in my WinPe image.

BR

Aleksandro

dsuraci
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,758
Message 5 of 15

OK.  I ended up finding the driver I needed (and got it to recognize the NIC).  This totally amazes me that we needed to got Dell to get drivers for Lenovo machines to work!  I have never had this issue before.  But thank you again for posting this. I would still be banging my head against the wall!. Smiley Happy

supera
Paper Tape
Views: 5,633
Message 6 of 15

ybeRe: T410 NIC Driver not recognized - Microsoft Deployment

Maybe Lenovo could make an own driver package as well.

But this doesn't surprise me since many components are the same in most brands today!

BR

Aleksandro

MBaron007
Paper Tape
Views: 5,608
Message 7 of 15

Can you please post a link to the BartPE drivers that you used to recognize the NIC in the Lenovo T410.  I have tried created the disk with the Lenovo, Dell and WinPE drivers and all have failed.  Thanks.

dsuraci
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,599
Message 8 of 15

Strange that the Lenovo Windows XP Driver is looking for E1K5132.inf, but I imported, from \Dell-WinPE-Drivers-A02\winpe\x86\Network\R247968 (extracted), the E1K6232.inf in MDT, updated Deployment Share, reburned the LiteTouch ISO and my T510 (uses same driver/NIC as T410) was able to connect.

I hope that helps!

dsuraci
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,596
Message 9 of 15

Re: T410 NIC Driver not recognized - Microsoft Deployment - Link

MBaron007
Paper Tape
Views: 5,584
Message 10 of 15

Re: T410 NIC Driver not recognized - Microsoft Deployment - Link

Thanks for the information.  I have tried using the driver set you mentioned along with the other one in my BartPE /Net folder and it still doesn't load the drivers.  I am not sure what I am doing wrong as I have been using BartPE for a few years now and had no issues with multiple Intel and Broadcomm network drivers.  Do you have any other suggestions on how to create a BartPE T410 disk or a Ghost Boot Disk that will load the NIC?  Any further advice is most appreciated.

Thanks.

-Marc

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors